Monday, October 24, 2011
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Sweet Lexi is 5 today! I'm sure there will be no birthday cake or party balloons, but I hope that her guardian angel whispers in her ear and lets her know that she has a family on the other side of the world that she will always be part of. She will always be loved by us and many others whose story she has touched.
Carson (age 8) is really connected to his little sister that he will probably never meet. Just a couple of weeks ago Carson was very excited to show me in his Boy's Life magazine that you could enter to win a trip to India. He said "If I win, I will find that wishing tree (I think he saw this on a Disney show? Hannah Montana??) Do you know what I will wish for? I will wish that Lexi gets better!!"
I was going through my husband's phone and saw this video on it. Carson really does have a special place in his heart for Lexi. WE LOVE YOU LEXI!!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SWEET GIRL!!
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
Yes!! Carson knows all of his words this week. With his sensory processing disorder, sometimes things can seem overwhelming to him and he gets easily frustrated and says he can't do it. He has been struggling in his rocket math and spelling because he thinks he can't memorize. We made up a little rap for the word "beautiful" and all of a sudden he could spell the other words too!! He CAN do this. I have always known that and hopefully now he will know it too!!
Saturday, March 05, 2011
Landon is playing Bop It, which is a toy that is recommended for ages 8 and up. Here he got a score of 19, but I have seen him get a score of 24. He started playing this last week. My sweet little boy can hardly talk, but he sure can play a mean game of Bop It!! This toy seems to be quite calming for him. With his sensory processing disorder, this might be something that he can do to relax him.
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home